What We Do
Since opening our doors in June 2001, Children’s Advocacy Center of Erie County (CAC) has been dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and to the delivery of an immediate, effective, well-integrated community response when any child is harmed. A guiding principle of the CAC is to decrease the amount of trauma child victims experience during the course of an investigation and to make sure they receive the services they need to recover. Every effort is made to hold the offender accountable and create a safer community.
Together with our partners, the CAC:
- Provides a child-friendly facility (our facility) as the setting for investigative interviews.
- Coordinates all of the professionals (partner agencies) involved with the investigation to come to the CAC so the child experiences fewer interviews.
- Provides multi-disciplinary staffing (our team), referrals, education and training that help enhance child abuse investigation and prosecution. In addition, the CAC focuses on child abuse prevention.
- Forensic Interviewing
- Family Advocacy
- Child Abuse Prevention Information
- Mandatory Reporting Information
- Minimal Facts Interviewing Training
- Speakers Bureau Available
- Forensic Medical Examinations
- Crime Victim’s Services
- Trauma Focused Mental Health Counseling